A message from Denise Bilodeau, Administrator:
May 5, 2021
Dear Pearl City Nursing Home Residents, Families and Friends,
The risks for community-acquired COVID-19 continue. We will be doing our monthly all staff testing Thursday,May 13, 2021 and will notify you if there are any identified positive cases, since that will require “whole house staff and resident” testing once again. All 156 staff who were tested in April were negative. We are grateful for everyone’s continued adherence to infection control requirements to minimize risk of community spread.
We have increased the number of “outdoor tent visit” reservations to Monday through Friday with additional daily time slots: 9am,10am,11am, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm. We know how much these visits mean and the importance of close contact with loved ones. Please know that we are trying to accommodate numerous individual requests for visits, so reservations are being taken only one week in advance. Feel free to call me directly at (808) 687-3201 to reserve a day and time and answer any questions you may have.
In-house visits will continue to be scheduled with the Director of Nursing, Rose PeBenito. Her direct number is (808) 687-3202. CMS guidelines acknowledge that not all residents, staff and/or visitors have been vaccinated against COVID-19. These inside visits are for compassion, end of life, emotional support and other special needs. It is extremely important that everyone continues to practice infection control precautions to ensure resident safety while in the building. All visitors will need to comply with facility, CDC, CMS and DOH recommendations for proper infection control, hand hygiene, social distancing and appropriate personal protective equipment use. Residents who are currently under quarantine cannot participate in visits unless it is an end of life compassion circumstance. As community vaccination increases and COVID-19 cases decrease, we look forward to having more visitation and social interaction among residents, friends, family and loved ones.
We continue with daily temperature checks, symptom screening and monitoring of all residents and employees. The safety of our residents and staff is first and foremost our priority at Pearl City Nursing Home.
We appreciate everyone’s sacrifice and understanding during this ongoing health crisis in our community. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at (808) 687-3201 or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Denise Bilodeau, MSW, LNHA
Resident Visit Procedure
May 2021 (Updated)
Monday – Friday
Available times: 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm
**Please note that residents currently in the SubAcute Unit will not be able to participate in outside visits.
1. One week in advance of your schedule request, please call Denise Bilodeau, 808-687-3201, between 9:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, to reserve a 15 minute visit per the above schedule. An initial visitor health screening questionnaire will be completed via phone at this time.
2. On day of visit, please proceed to the “Resident Visit” Screening Station in the facility parking garage. Do not go to the lobby screener. Plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled visit. After hand sanitizing and donning the mask that the screener gives you, you will complete another health screening questionnaire, have your temperature taken, and be directed to the “Visitation Tent”.
3. An overview of “safe visit” protocol will be given, while you are waiting for your loved one to be brought to the visit.
4. The Visitation Tent will be arranged with a table and plexiglass shield to ensure social distancing throughout the visit.
5. Please do not bring food or drink with you into the tent.
Thank you in advance for your assistance with starting the visit program safely.