A message from Denise Bilodeau, Administrator:
June 1, 2021
Dear Pearl City Nursing Home Residents, Families and Friends,
The risks for community-acquired COVID-19 continue. We will be doing our monthly all staff testing Thursday, June 10, 2021 and will notify you if there are any identified positive cases, since that will require “whole house staff and resident” testing once again. All 146 staff who were tested in May were negative. We are grateful for everyone’s continued adherence to infection control requirements to minimize risk of community spread. We continue with daily temperature checks, symptom screening and monitoring of all residents and employees. The safety of our residents and staff is first and foremost our priority at Pearl City Nursing Home.
In order to clear up any confusion anyone is having with our visitation program, the following criteria are currently in place:
Outside Tent Visits: Reservations are required for these Monday through Friday visits. The 30 minute visit time slots are: 9am,10am,11am, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm. Please know that we are trying to accommodate numerous individual requests for visits, so reservations are being taken up to one week in advance. Feel free to call me directly at (808) 687-3201 to reserve a day and time and answer any questions you may have. We know how much these visits mean and the importance of close contact with loved ones. Those residents that are able to participate in the outdoor tent visits really enjoy the opportunity to go outside and see their friends and family. The tent can accommodate 3 visitors comfortably at one time.
In-house Visits: CMS guidelines acknowledge that not all residents, staff and/or visitors have been vaccinated against COVID-19. Inside 30 minute visits are for compassion, end of life, emotional support and other special resident needs. These visits are scheduled with the Director of Nursing, Rose PeBenito. Her direct number is (808) 687-3202. The number of visitors is limited due to space and infection control requirements.
All visitors will need to comply with facility, CDC, CMS and DOH recommendations for proper infection control, hand hygiene, social distancing and appropriate personal protective equipment use.
Residents who are currently under quarantine cannot participate in visits unless it is an end of life compassion circumstance. We are still unable to accommodate visits by minor children or pet visits. As community vaccination increases and COVID-19 cases decrease, we look forward to having more visitation and social interaction among residents, friends, family and loved ones.
We appreciate everyone’s sacrifice and understanding. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at (808) 687-3201 or email me directly at email@example.com.
Denise Bilodeau, MSW, LNHA
Resident Visit Procedure
June 2021 (Updated)
Monday – Friday
Available times: 9am, 10am, 11am, 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm
Currently visits are limited to 30 minutes.
**Please note that residents currently in the SubAcute Unit will not be able to participate in outside visits.
1. One week in advance of your schedule request, please call Denise Bilodeau, 808-687-3201, between 9:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, to reserve a 15 minute visit per the above schedule. An initial visitor health screening questionnaire will be completed via phone at this time.
2. On day of visit, please proceed to the “Resident Visit” Screening Station in the facility parking garage. Do not go to the lobby screener. Plan to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled visit. After hand sanitizing and donning the mask that the screener gives you, you will complete another health screening questionnaire, have your temperature taken, and be directed to the “Visitation Tent”.
3. An overview of “safe visit” protocol will be given, while you are waiting for your loved one to be brought to the visit.
4. The Visitation Tent will be arranged with a table and plexiglass shield to ensure social distancing throughout the visit.
5. Please do not bring food or drink with you into the tent.
Thank you in advance for your assistance with starting the visit program safely.